Dr.Mrs.T.S.Navaratnaraja - MBBS (Jaffna), MD (Madras)
Field of Specialization
Chronology of carrier
2009 to date: Senior lecturer in Pharmacology
2006 to 2009: MD trainee in Pharmacology at Dr. A.L.M. Postgraduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of University of Madras
2003 to 2006: Lecturer in Pharmacology
2002: Medical Officer at Base Hospital Awissawella
2001: Resident Medical Officer at National Hospital of Sri Lanka.
2009 to date: Head/ Department of Pharmacology
2011 to date: Paraclinical Coordinator
2018 to date: Acting Head/ Department of Physiology
2009 – 2016: Coordinator / Bachelor of Pharmacy
2015 – 2016: Student counselor
2018 to date: Treasurer, Sri Lanka Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (SLACPT)
2018 to date: Person in charge for the Criteria 3 of Programme Review, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna
2015 to date: Member, Specialty Board in Medical Education, PGIM
2012 to date: Member, Board of Study for Medical Sciences, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Jaffna
2011 – 2012 and 2014 to date: Representative of Ethics Review Committee Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna for the FERCSL Management Committee
2010 to date: Member, Specialty Board in Clinical Pharmacology, PGIM
2015 – 2018: Secretary, Specialty Board in Clinical Pharmacology, PGIM
2011 – 2016: Secretary, Ethics Review Committee Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna
2010 – 2016: Faculty Representative for the Board of Management, PGIM
2010 – 2014: Treasurer, Forum of Sri Lankan Medical Educationists (FOSME)
2003 – 2006: Person in charge for Laboratory Equipment, IRQUE project, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna
- Layanthini S, Nanthakumar K, Guruparan Y, Thiyahiny S N. Drug utilization at the Out-Patient Department of the Teaching Hospital, Jaffna. 4th Jaffna University International Research Conference – JUICe2018: 113-115.
- K Sanchayan, R Fernandopulle, A Amarasinghe, S N Thiyahiny, S Sri Ranganthan. Active safety monitoring of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine in the National Immunisation Programme of Sri Lanka. Ceylon Medical Journal 2017: 62(1): 12-19
- K Sanchayan, R Fernandopulle, A Amarasinghe, S N Thiyahiny, S Sri Ranganthan. Safety of live attenuated Japanese encephalitis vaccine given at the age of 9 months in the National Immunization Programme of Sri Lanka. Ceylon Medical Journal 2016: 61(3): 99-105.
- S N Thiyahiny, M G Sathiadas, K Sanchayan, C Vamadevan, R Balasubramanium, S Sri Ranganathan. Medicines use in hospitalized children: current status and outcome after intervention. Ceylon Medical Journal 2016: 61(3): 123-29.
- A Arasalingam, T Kumanan, S N Thiyahiny. An update on pharmacotherapy of post herpetic neuralgia. Sri Lankan Journal of Neurology 2015: 4(1): 18-21.
- Sri Ranganathan S, Balasubramaniam R. Thiyahiny S N, Beneragama B V S H. The changing trend in the availability of key essential medicines for children in Sri Lankan public hospitals from 2009 to 2017/2018. Oral presentation, 131st Anniversary International Medical Congress July 2018.
- Thivyaluxmy S, Surenthirakumaran R, Nasmiya M, Thiyahiny S N. Pattern of antibiotic usage in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcer patients in surgical wards, Teaching Hospital, Jaffna. Oral presentation, Annual Academic Sessions of SLACPT, October 2017.
- Layanthini S, Guruparan Y, Thiyahiny S N. Quality of prescriptions at the Outpatient Department of Teaching Hospital, Jaffna. Poster presentation, Scientific Sessions 2017 of Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, May 2017.
- Y Guruparan, K Sanchayan, MG Sathiadas, S N Thiyahiny. Knowledge on paracetamol among mothers of children admitted to paediatric units, Teaching Hospital Jaffna. Oral presentation, 23rd Annual Session of Jaffna Science Association, May 2016.
- R Kamsayini, S N Thiyahiny, V Ajeethan. Effect of different types of water on the stability of reconstituted amoxicillin oral suspensions available in Jaffna district Sri Lanka. Oral presentation, 9th International Research Conference, General Sir John Kotalawala Defense University of Sri Lanka, September 2016.
- Layanthini S, Sathiadas MG, Thiyahiny S N, Surenthirakumaran R. Parental knowledge and practices on paediatric antibiotic usage at the outpatient department of the Teaching Hospital of Jaffna. Poster presentation, First Academic Session of Sri Lanka Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, June 206.
- Layanthini Somasundaram, M. Gitanjali Sathiadas, Rajendra Surenthirakumaran, Thiyahini S. Navaratinarajah. Paediatric antibiotic prescription pattern at the outpatient department of the Teaching Hospital of Jaffna. Oral presentation, Seventh Paediatric Nursing Congress of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians, July 2015.
- Sanchayan K, Fernandopulle R, Amarasinghe A, Thiyahiny S N, Sri Ranganathan S Adverse Events following Live Japanese Encephalitis vaccine (SA14-14-2): Results from interim analysis of Cohort Event Monitoring in Jaffna RDHS area. Oral presentation, Sri Lanka Medical Association Annual Scientific Sessions, July 2014.
- Kumuthini Sanchayan, Nishara Rajathurai1, Thiyahini Sunil Navaratinaraja, Shalini Sri Ranganathan. Thiriposha feeding among one year and 9 months children in Jaffna RDHS area: an analysis from 24 hour recall. Oral presentation, Joint Scientific Session of Jaffna Medical Faculty Overseas Alumni & Local Alumni, July 2014.
- Sanchayan K, Fernandopulle R, Amarasinghe A, Thiyahiny S N, Sri Ranganathan S. Frequency of Injection Site Reactions following MMR and live JE Vaccines in the Jaffna RDHS area: Interim analysis of an Active Surveillance Study. Oral presentation, Jaffna Medical Association Annual Scientific Sessions, September 2013.
- Kumuthini Sanchayan, Rohini Fernandopulle, Ananda Amerasinghe, Thiyahiny Sunil Navaratinaraja, Shalini Sri Ranganathan. A pilot study of Cohort Event Monitoring in detecting adverse events following immunisation associated with Measles-Mumps-Rubella and live attenuated Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccine. Oral presentation, Jaffna Medical Association Annual Scientific Sessions, November – December 2012.
- Thiyahiny S N, Sathiadas MG, Sanchayan K, Sunantha S, Vamadevan, Balasubramaniam R, Sri Ranganathan S. An analysis of quality of drug prescriptions for hospitalized children: Effectiveness of prescription indicators. Oral presentation, Seventh Asian Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology, October, 2012.
- Niruthan K, Shanthamenan M, Rajeshkannan N, Thiyahiny S N. Secondary preventive care practices among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients attending Medical Clinics at teaching Hospital Jaffna. Poster presentation, Sri Lanka Medical Association Annual Scientific Sessions, June 2011.
Life Member of Sri Lanka Medical Association (SLMA)
Life Member of Forum of Sri Lankan Medical Educationist (FOSME) – 2010-2016
Life Member of College of Medical Education
Life member of Sri Lanka Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (SLACPT)