Arrived from the Division of Parasitology
- Mohammad A Rahman, Thishan C Yahathugoda, Bumpei Tojo, Prasad Premaratne, Fumiaki Nagaoka, Hidekazu Takagi, Selvam Kannathasan, Arumugam Murugananthan, Mirani V Weerasooriya, Makoto Itoh. (2019) A surveillance system for lymphatic filariasis after its elimination in Sri Lanka. Parasitology International 68 (1): 73-78 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parint.2018.10.003
- Kannathasan S, Murugananthan A, Kumanan T, Iddawala D, de Silva NR, Rajeshkannan N, Haque R. (2018) Epidemiology and factors associated with amoebic liver abscess in northern Sri Lanka. BMC Public Health 18:118
- Kannathasan S, Murugananthan A, Kumanan T, Iddawala D, de Silva NR, Rajeshkannan N, Haque R. (2017) Amoebic liver abscess in northern Sri Lanka: first report of immunological and molecular confirmation of aetiology. Parasites & Vectors. 7;10(1):14.
- Ratnasamy V, Thirunavukarasu K, Selvam K, Arumugam M. (2016) Amoebic liver abscess: an unusual cause for a right iliac fossa mass: a case report. BMC Infectious Diseases. 8;16(1):741
- S Magiliny , A Murugananthan , S Kannathasan and NR de Silva (2015) First Report on the in vitro Antihelminthic Activity of Centella Asiatica (“Gotu Kola”/ “Vallaarai”) . Proceedings in Basic and Applied Scineces, 8th International Research Conference – KDU, Sri Lanka, 8:53-55
- Sumiko Anno, Keiji Imaoka, Takeo Tadono, Tamotsu Igarashi, Subramaniam Sivaganesh, Selvam Kannathasan, Vaithehi Kumaran, Sinnathamby Noble Surendran (2015) Space-Time Clustering Characteristics of Dengue Based on Ecological, Socio-Economic and Demographic Factors in Northern Sri Lanka. Geospatial Health 10(2). DOI: 10.4081/gh.2015.376
- Kannathasan S, Murugananthan A, Rajeshkannan N, de Silva NR (2012) Cutaneous Larva Migrans among Devotees of the Nallur Temple in Jaffna, Sri Lanka. PLoS ONE 7(1): e30516. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0030516
- R Karunaithas , A Murugananthan and S Kannathasan (2012). Prevalence and associated factors of soil transmitted helminthes infestation among preschool children of Vadamaradchi Educational Zone. Ving. Journal of Science 10 (1), 25-34
- Murugananthan A, Karunanayake EH, Tennekoon KH . Cloning and characterisation of alkali myosin light chain gene of cattle filarial parasite Setaria digitata. Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB) Journal. 2010,1(4),pp.1-10
- S. Kannathasan, A. Antonyrajan, N.D. Karunaweera, S. Anno, S.N. Surendran (2009). Identification of potential malaria risk areas of the Jaffna district of northern Sri Lanka: A GIS approach.J Natn. Sci. Foundation Sri Lanka 37 (3):223-225
- S Kannathasan, A Antonyrajan, KA Srikrishnaraj, SHPP Karunaratne, ND Karunaweera and SN Surendran (2008). Studies on prevalence of anopheline species and community perception of malaria in Jaffna district, Sri Lanka. J Vector Borne Dis 45(3): 231-239
- SN Surendran, S Kannathasan, A Kajatheepan and PJ Jude (2007). Chikungunya-type fever outbreak: some aspects related to this new epidemic in Jaffna district, northern Sri Lanka. Tropical Medicine and Health. 35(3): 249-252
- SN Surendran, A Kajatheepan and S Kannathasan (2007). Evaluation of the effectiveness of lambdacyhalothrin (ICON) indoor residual spraying against sand fly populations: A field based study in Delft Island, Sri Lanka Journal of Communicable Diseases39(3): 189-191
- Janai T, Pushpana P, Surenthirakumaran R, Kumanan T and Kannathasan S (2012) Amoebic Liver abscess: An emerging threat in Northern Sri Lanka, EMBO Global Lecturer Course and Symposium on Amoebiasis: Exploring the Biology and the Pathogenesis of Entamoeba, March 4- 7, Khajuraho, India pp.8.
- Suvithra P, Yalini S, Surenthirakumaran R, Murukananthan K and Kannathasan S (2010). The study on food handling related health influencing factors among food handlers in Nallur. The Jaffna Medical Journal 26: 57.
- Murugananthan A, Karunanayake EH, Tennekoon KH Bio-informatics analysis of the alkali myosin light chain gene and protein of Setaria digitata. Fifth Asian Biotechnology Conference 2010, 01.
- Kanisra M, Eswaramohan T, Murugananthan A, Maheswaran R. Effect of Mukkudu Maathrai (Korosanai) treatment on serum prolactin secretion in male rats.Proceedings of the Annual Scientific Sessions of Jaffna Science Association 2010.
- Kanisra Mary F, Eswaramohan T, Surendran S N, Murugananthan A, Romakeswaran P. Effect of Mukkuddu Maathrai, an indigenous drug on serum prolactin level of female rats. Proceeding of International Research Conference, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 2010
- SN Surendran, A Kajatheepan, S Kannathasan, T Eswaramohan, A Murugananthan (2009). Prevalence of Phlebotomus argentipes morphospecies B and public awareness and perception toward sandfly menace in Delft Island, Northern Sri Lanka. Proceedings of the International Colloquium on Leishmaniasis in Sri Lanka held on February 1, 2009 at Mount Lavinia Hotel, Sri Lanka. pp 45
- Surendran SN, Kajatheepan A, Kannathasan S, Eswaramohan T, Murugananthan A (2009). Prevalence of Phelebotomus argentipes Morphospecies B and Public awareness and perception toward sandfly menace in Delft Island, Northern Sri Lanka. International Colloquium on Leishmaniasis in Sri Lanka p44-45.
- Murugananthan A, Karunanayake EH, Tennekoon KH Cloning and characterisation of alkali myosin light chain gene of cattle filarial parasite Setaria digitata. Proceeding of the International Conference on Frontiers in Molecular Life Sciences, Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2009, 40
- Samarakoon SSR, Murugananthan A, Karunanayake EH, Tennekoon KH. Cloning, Sequencing and Charecterisation of Filarial Parasite Specific genes. Proceeding of the International Conference on Frontiers in Molecular Life Sciences, Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2009, 40
- S Kannathasan, A Antonyrajan, KA Srikrishnarajah, SN Surendran and ND Karunaweera. (2008). Prevalence and insecticide resistance of members of the Anopheles subpictus species complex – the reported vector of malaria in Jaffna Districts. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. 15. pp 66
- S Kannathasan, KA Srikrishnarajah, SN Surendran and ND Karunaweera.(2008). Species prevalence of exophilic anopheline mosquitoes in Jaffna District. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. pp 67.
- S Kannathasan, A Antonyrajan, KA Srikrishnarajah, SN Surendran and ND Karunaweera. (2008). Knowledge,a ttitued and practice toward malaria: A comparative study among public in high-risk and low-risk areas. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. 15: pp 69
- S Kannathasan, A Antonyrajan, KA Srikrishnarajah, SN Surendran and ND Karunaweera. (2008). Malaria risk map for Jaffna District: A GIS Approach. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association.15: pp 70
- S Kannathasan, R Surenthirakumaran and K Sivapalan (2008). A comparative study on modified small group discussion versus traditional tutorial: Among medical undergraduates of University of Jaffna. GIS Approach.Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association.15: pp 68
- Wickramanayeke M, Murugananthan A, Samarakoon SSR, Karunanayake EH. Cloning, Sequencing and characterization of filarial parasite specific genes. Proceedings of the Third Annual Scientific Sessions of IBMBB 2008, 28
- S Kannathasan, KA Srikrishnaraj, and SN Surendran (2006). Active case detection study at Ariviyal Nagar: A malaria endemic locality in the district of Kilinochchi. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. 14: pp 56
- S Kannathasan and ND Karunaweera (2005). Prliminary study on malaria situation among the fever patients attending the district hospital, Kilinochchi. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. 13: pp 39
- S Kannathasan (2004). Testing the effectiveness of commercially available Bacillus thuringiensis with local mosquito species in Jaffna district. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. 12: pp19
- S Kannathasan (2003). Creeping eruption among Nallur temple devotees during 2001 & 2002. Proceedings of the Jaffna Science Association. 11: pp 32.