Diversity and Inclusion
The Department of Community and Family Medicine recognizes diversity and inclusion as a priority in departmental activities, and strives to:
- Create an inclusive work and learning environment that values and celebrates diversity;
- Ensure that all staff and students are treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their social background/identity;
- Recognize the unique learning needs of students with respect to the academic curriculum and their personal and professional development;
- Create safe learning spaces that value open discussion, including differences in perspectives, in order to promote quality education and critical thinking; and
- Engage in research and community outreach activities that ensure participation of all communities, especially underrepresented and disadvantaged groups.