The division offers the following free laboratory services to the Jaffna Teaching Hospital and other hospitals in the northern region
- Microscopic examination of the fecal sample for the diagnosis of intestinal parasites
- Microscopic examination of the blood sample for the diagnosis of Malarial and filarial parasites.
- Microscopic examination of the vaginal swaps for the diagnosis of Tricomonas vaginalis
- Microscopic examination of the needle aspirates taken from the lesion for the diagnosis of Cutaneous leishmaniasis
- Examination of the soil sample for the presence of animal hook worm larva which causes cutaneous or visceral larva migrants
- Gross identification of the parasitic worms isolated from the patients
- Species Identification of the snakes, scorpions and other venomous creatures brought to the JTH along with the victims.