Dr. Sivapalan Sanchayan - MBBS (Jaffna), PG Certificate in Medical education (PGIM, Colombo), PG Diploma in Medical Education (PGIM, Colombo)
Institutional Repository: http://repo.jfn.ac.lk/med/handle/701/1/browse?type=author&order=ASC&rpp=20&value=Sanchayan%2C+S.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=vIgchmMAAAAJ
Dr. Sivapalan Sanchayan graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Jaffna in 2006 and worked as a Demonstrator in Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Colombo. Following his internship at the Teaching Hospital, Jaffna, he joined the department of Surgery Faculty of Medicine, Jaffna as a Probationary Lecturer in 2007 and then the Medical education Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Jaffna in 2012
He completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education and Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education at the PGIM, Faculty of Medicine, Colombo. Now he is completing his MD in Medical Education at the PGIM, Faculty of Medicine, Colombo.
2012 to 2016 – Secretary of the Medical Education Cell, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna
2012 to 2016 – Member of the IT Committee, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna
2014 to 2016 – Course Manager of the Learning Management system, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna
- Karunathilake, I.M., de Abrew, A., Yenbutra, P., Sirisup, N., Jayawickramarajah, P., Abeykoon, P., Olupeliyawa, A., Srikiatkhachorn, A., Limpaphayom, K., Sanchayan, S., Aluwihare, A. and Chako, T.V., 2018. SEAJME: 12 years of Progress. South-East Asian Journal of Medical Education, 12(1).
- Sathees, S., Sanchayan, S., Thabotharan, D. and Kanagasabai, S., 2015. Students’ perception on learning environment of Allied Health Sciences, Jaffna. Anuradhapura Medical Journal, 9(2Supp).
Communications at scientific meetings published as abstracts
- Sanchayan, S., Olupeliyawa, A., Chandratilake, M. S., 2018, A video ethnographic study of feedback in undergraduate clinical teaching settings in Sri Lanka. 10th Asian Medical Education Association (AMEA) Symposium, International Medical University, Malaysia
- Sanchayan, S., Ambikaipakan, S., Udhayakumar, S. and Sivapalan, K., 2017. Students’ perception of integrating neuroanatomy and neurophysiology in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna. Scientific Session of the JSA, 2017
- Sanchayan, S., Sathiadas and M.G., Sivapalan, K., 2013. Correlation between student’s perception of achievement, student feedback and marks obtained at physiology end of course examination. Regional Sessions of the PSSL, 2013
- Sanchayan, S. and Sathiadas, M.G., 2013. Student’s perception of the educational environment in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna. Scientific Sessions of the JMA, 2013
Committee member, College of Medical Educationists, Sri Lanka
Co-facilitator, Staff development workshop on ‘Making lectures interactive with available tools’, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, 2018
Presentation on ‘E-learning and m-learning’, Workshop for development of training module on dengue vector control, Colombo, 2017
Presentation on ‘Principles of e-learning and m-learning’ at symposium on ‘e-learning and m-learning’, Colombo Conference on Medical Education, 2017
Supervisor of undergraduate student research, Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna (2012 – 2015)